One of the joys of being CEO Worldwide of Saatchi & Saatchi is speaking at events that make a difference. Two weeks ago I was at Magdalene College at Cambridge University where the best part was meeting and exchanging views with Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury for the past decade. This March 20 I will be opening TEDxNavigliin Milan, and there couldn’t be a better topic to explore than The Power of Love. My kind of topic.
This TEDx comes from the premise that Love is a real and powerful force, able to transform the human condition for the better.
“Far from its sentimental or New Agey interpretation, Love is an archetypical force, recognized and identified in all cultures and societies, throughout time and space. Love is about connectedness, unity, integration, forgiveness, empathy, peace, compassion, understanding, dialogue. Love is making its way into our contemporary culture through a series of labels: emotional intelligence, positive psychology, sustainability, cultural diversity, gender equality, social inclusion, conflict resolution, open source, crowd-sourcing, the grand unified theory.”
To which list I will be adding: Lovemarks. TEDxNavigli is bringing together a potent roster including:
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi Founding father of positive psychology, world renown for his ground-breaking research on creativity, happiness and the flow state.
- Ervin Laszlo Two times nominee for Nobel Prize for Peace, a philosopher of science, systems theorist, integral thinker; brings a holistic perspective on the individual, society and the world.
- Nancy Adler McGill professor pioneering in the integration of art and design with business and societal leadership, bringing artistic approaches to the work of managers and executives worldwide.
- Adam Kahane Expert in social design issues, a facilitator of the transition to democracy in post apartheid South Africa, as well as in other tense contexts worldwide. The author of Power and Love.
- Fabio Sgaragli Editor, trainer and speaker, but most of all a rounded business thinker and practitioner, with a passion for big ideas, bold stories and inspiring visions.
- Kavita Parmar Designer, entrepreneur, passionate advocate for change in the fashion industry, as well as international opinion leader on sustainability in fashion and new emerging trends.
- Gherardo Colombo One of the Italian leading public prosecutors and judges, for his deep education engagement he was awarded the National Prize of Culture and Peace 2008.
- Paul D. Miller a.k.a. DJ Spooky Conceptual artist, writer, and musician, editor of Origin Magazine, presently artist-in-residence at the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
TEDxNavigli is sponsored by Fetzer Institute, an American philanthropic foundation whose mission is to foster awareness of the power of love and forgiveness in the emerging global community. Credit to curator Ferdnando Buscema, who lives the creed with his title of Magic Experience Designer, Saatchi & Saatchi Italy’s Fabrizio Caprara, and the many others who are making this happen.