From a performance coach, here’s a nifty update on naps, including these seven tips:
- Keep naps to 20 minutes, or greater than 90 minutes to avoid sleep inertia
- Nap in a quiet, well ventilated room
- Clear your mind, breathe slowly and deeply to help switch off and relax
- If you are going to nap at work – make sure you have permission!
- Best to nap 6 – 8 hours after normal wake up time
- Shift workers can use a late afternoon nap to help stay alert during the night
- Use naps to recharge, refresh and reinvigorate the body and the brain