Randi Zuckerberg is former Director of Marketing of Facebook is founder/CEO of RtoZ Media, a company that proposes new platforms to help businesses be more social.
Top 10 developments in technology, entrepreneurship and business happening globally
1. Enter the Entre-Ployee. Elements of working for a start-up and a corporation in one job.
2. Think like a media company. Engaging customers and clients through creating content.
3. Connections are currency. Benefits to those who have a lot of followers on social media.
4. Reinventing retail. Pop-up stores, subway stations, vending machines selling handbags.
5. Turn FOMO into JOMO. The “joy of missing out” – be grateful and happy where you are.
6. The maker movement. 3D printing is poised to become a huge business.
7. Life-logging. People are constantly documenting their lives.
8. Education the new frontier. Online courses close the skills gaps.
9. Gamification for motivation. Apps make a game out of motivating us.
10. Unplug to Refresh. Digital detoxes are gaining momentum. Hand over your gadgets!
More at Business Research and Insights blog of NAB.