Last week I laid out my view on the new, VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Accelerating) world in front of us. The Fourth Revolution. Work forces will have to align skill-sets to keep up.
- They will be organised and lead differently.
- They will be focused on continuous customer innovation.
- They will be agile, flexible and fast.
- Profits will be the outcome, not the goal.
- Purpose, People and Inspirational Leadership will be the differentiators.
Business is in a digitally powered tsunami. A high-speed convergence of digital and physical with change at the top of everyone’s agenda.
There are only three kinds of change:
Today’s winning Leaders know which to use, when and how to pull that lever.
Five years ago the World Economic Forum’s members came up with the top 10 skills to win in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Last month their members updated this list and developed the top 10 skills for 2020. I’ve laid out the lists below – and highlighted the rise in importance of creativity (at last).
See what you think about these words of wisdom from the Swiss Alps and see how you’re doing in getting match-fit for 2020 and beyond.
Next week I’ll share with you my Top Ten list – plus some thoughts on how you can get more creative thinking into your Company.
Top Ten Skills:
1. Complex Problem Solving Complex Problem Solving
2. Co-ordinating with others Critical Thinking
3. People Management Creativity
4. Critical Thinking People Management
5. Negotiation Consulting with others
6. Quality Control Emotional Intelligence
7. Service Orientation Decision Making
8. Decision Making Service Orientation
9. Active Listening Negotiation
10. Creativity Cognitive Flexibility