Ten years ago I was in Andy and Chris’ The Jumble Room in Grasmere dining with Trudy and some Lancastrian friends. A poster hanging above our table laid out the Ten Indian Commandments.
Most of our evening was spent talking about them.
Now I have them hanging in my Arizona home and they’ve never been more relevant. 150 years on they are totally relevant and inspirational.
Here they are:
· Remain close to the Great Spirit.
· Show great respect for your fellow beings.
· Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
· Be truthful and honest at all times.
· Do what you know to be right.
· Look after the wellbeing of mind and body.
· Treat the earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.
· Take full responsibility for your actions.
· Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
· Work together for the benefit of all mankind.