10 Ways to make working remotely Fun (and Effective).
· Make sure you have great tech and great tech disciplines (screens, phones, headphones with a mute button).
· Design a functional, personalised, inspirational work space – with a comfy chair and great lighting.
· Create work triggers for your brain – start and finish at the same time every day, start the day with a daily to-do list, structure your day to resemble a work day, don’t do non-work activities during the day.
· Spell out protocols (expected response time to emails/texts, contactable hours, procedures for emergency contact, reduce distractions (no-go hours).
· Beware the forces of darkness (the fridge, social media, the TV, the sofa and your private phone line).
· Get outside every day and bring the outside in.
· Figure out what time you’re at your best and plan to do the important (not the urgent) stuff then.
· Don’t look at your phone or your screen until you’ve had coffee, done some exercise and got dressed!
· Eat healthy – sit down in a different room – away from your screen, phone and desk.
· Pretend you’re not home.