Last week I wrote about using the crisis to get your head up, smile, fight back, re-imagine your future and find the silver lining (or at least Thomas the Tank Engine did).
Here are some of the things we tried, enjoyed and learned.
- Fasting – every day – 16-8. Lunch at 1pm, dinner finished by 9pm. Massive change in appetite/metabolism.
- Reduced alcohol intake – 6-1 or 5-2. No alcohol for five/six days per week, every week.
- Dietary changes – focused on daily fresh fruits, green vegetables, fish and reduced meat/dairy.
- Daily exercise – me on my road bike for 45 minutes every day, Trudy on a 20,000 step low-impact bike-ride/walking/swimming programme.
- Eight hours sleep per night – in bed before 10pm, up before 6am.
- Keep some Pandemic protocols in place – vaccines, hand sanitisation, masks in confined spaces. We’ve not had a single cold/cough/fever in 18 months.
- Downsized our New Zealand home and switched from a ‘resort’ home to our first ever beach-front apartment.
- Revamped Desert Dream by adding a Casita for guests, a roof-top bar (Tonto’s) stretching out into the Desert.
- Changed out the gym in Beckwood (Grasmere) for a lounge-bar as part of our Lancastrian pub.
- Accelerated our New Jersey Farm project with Mark and Vanessa to create our new Family home.
- We created and ran seven new leadership programmes for the new VUCA world.
- Reshaped the focus of the business in terms of customer base, delivery method, bespoke programming and delivering more with less. Focus – Commitment – Discipline.
Don’t waste the crisis. You’re never out of the fight.