KRC – October 21, 2020
A great line from Toby Keith’s song inspired and written after playing golf with 80+ yr old Clint Eastwood and listening to his plans to produce, direct and star in an upcoming feature film The Mule (https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=2DZ-nhLYqWY).
Robin shared with Bob Seelert and I a blog – ‘Oldster’ – and a question they were posing “What age are you in your head?”. Some gems from the blog:
- Most adults over 40 responded with an age 20% younger than their actual age.
- A friend nearing 60 told me whenever he looks in the mirror he’s not so much unhappy with his appearance as startled by it – “as if there’s been an error”.
- “How old are you in your head?” is a much more positive question to answer than “how old do you feel?” – for obvious reasons.
- Viewing yourself as younger is a form of optimism rather than denialism. (I knew I was right!!)
- A 76yr old mother intuitively felt she was 45.
- I feel exactly the same as the previously mentioned mom (with no knee pain!).
- Robin feels he’s a kid again – eagerly waiting for us to toss another ball for him to catch.
- And we’re waiting for Bob’s answer.
Don’t let the Old Man in.