I’ve watched and admired the All Blacks for 40 years now – and sat on the NZ Rugby Board. What makes them so successful? It starts with Values. Here they are.
• Give up things that won’t help you reach the summit.
• Proves that the goal is worth chasing.
• The legacy, the team, and the role of every individual.
• Leave it better than when you found it.
• Pressure is a privilege. Be grateful to have the opportunity to experience it.
• Handle disappointment, man up, and do your job bloody well, whatever it is – for the Team.
• In the mind. A positive attitude. Fail Fast, Learn Fast, Fix Fast.
• Believe in yourself, your skills, your game-plan, your systems and your mates.
7. Mental Toughness
• Learn and practice TCUP.
• Uphold the higher standards. All the time.
9. Open Mindedness
• Flexible thinking, responsive to new ideas, relish change.
• Everything can be done better. Use examples of the best players making mistakes. Everyone is accountable for the Team’s performance.
• Master basic skills.
• Meet. Beat. Repeat.
• Everyone is a leader.
• First know thyself.
• Know what you’re doing, why, when and where.
• With yourself and your team.
• Review performance shortfalls brutally and directly.
14. Core Role
• Do your own job. Trust your mates to do theirs.
15. Continuous Improvement
• Wake up the next morning and figure out how to improve.
• Repeat daily.
Over to you now.