According to Mark, here are six ways to up pump up your team performance:
- The best teams are made up of individuals.
- Know your limits. How much are you willing to tolerate – even from your most talented team members?
- “Star performers” are great but be mindful that everyone has their unique strengths. Amazing talent is not transferable.
- Team players need to be aware that what may work for them as individuals doesn’t necessarily work in a group.
- Tension within the team may be uncomfortable, but that isn’t the same as dysfunctional.
- Create an open environment where people can have their say.