· I’ve loved Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime. If you liked Gomorrah (I loved it), you’ll like this. Roberto Saviano’s latest crime / mafia / cartel drama. Intensely gritty and gripping.
· The Trial of Christine Keeler. Six part UK drama on HBO. Brilliant acting, and a pretty accurate picture of 1960’s England – and all its class issues. This was a big story at the time for me – I was 14/15 and followed every twist and turn – and I relived them all over again.
· The Christine Keeler story put me back into a 60’s mood – so I watched a classic movie from the period – Get Carter with Michael Caine (based on the 60’s under-valued novelist noir Ted Lewis). Haven’t seen it since it came out. Brilliant Northern period piece shot in a grimy Newcastle.
· Clive Davis – The Soundtrack of Our Lives – on Netflix. A documentary of a true music industry visionary.
· The Equalizer. I loved the Denzel Washington film. This is lighter, but still fun. With Queen Latifah in the TV series role.
· Manchester City shooting to the top of the Premier League and still competing for four trophies on NBC/Peacock – twice a week in this crazy year. Blue Moon Rising!
· Trudy’s been watching The Dig (Netflix), the very funny Schitt’s Creek, Clarice (the Silence of the Lambs spin-off), Grace and Frankie and the latest Costner movie Let Him Go.