Lots of flights recently – so lots of bingeing. Some highlights:
- Series Three of Warrior on HBO Max. Violent, historical story of Chinatown, San Francisco in the 19th Century. Great sets, interesting characters and multiple relationship/back-stories. Not for the faint-hearted.
- Yellowstone’s creator Taylor Sheridan’s latest – Special Ops: Lioness (not the UK football team). An MTV show on Paramount+. A covert US marine operation using super-fit, super-brave female undercover operatives as the tip of the CIA’s spear against terror.
- And Billions is back. The final series. Also on Paramount+.
- Another familiar face, Raylan Givens – Justified, one of my favourite heroes is on Apple’s Justified: City Primeval. Raylan’s hair is greyer, his hat is dirtier, and he’s in Miami not Kentucky – still a US Marshall – and now a walking anachronism Classic Elmore Leonard.
- Before We Die – Series I and II on Amazon Prime. A well-produced UK detective/crime story with a charismatic female lead, Lesley Sharp.
- Am just about to start Matthew Broderick’s new drama series ‘Painkiller’ on Netflix – big pharma releasing a pill that spurs a national epidemic.
- Also on Netflix – a documentary on Mark Cavendish (KRC July 18, 2023) – sprinter extraordinaire.
- And finally – a new Netflix drama set in one of my favourite haunts Barcelona – Who Is Erin Carter? – featuring one of my favourite actors, Douglas Henshall (Jimmy Perez in Shetland).